Release of OSXFUSE 2.3.8
Posted on 17 Dec 2011
Download OSXFUSE 2.3.8
- Added support for Xcode 4.2.
- Fixed a race condition, that affected only 64-bit kernels and would lead to a file system deadlock. The deadlock could be triggered by trying to remove a non-empty directory. The system daemon
fseventsd would eventually lock the whole file system while the "remove" operation is in progress and go to sleep indefinitely, triggering a deadlock. (Reported by Daniel Iwan)
- Fixed a race condition, that affected only 64-bit kernels and would lead to a file system deadlock. The deadlock could be triggered by a
LOOKUP operation that locks the whole file systems and goes to sleep, waiting for other file system operations to complete.
- Fixed a race condition, that would lead to a file system deadlock. The deadlock could be triggered by a thread trying to open a file, that another thread had just created (but not opened, yet). (Thanks to Erik Larsson)
- Due to the fact that
gcc-4.2 has been discontinued with the release of Xcode 4.2, default to
llvm-gcc-4.2 instead for macOS 10.6 and 10.7 builds.
- The file system locking mechanism, that had been introduced to make
osxfusefs thread-safe, is now used under 32-bit kernels and 64-bit kernels. It takes the place of the fallback locking mechanism for non-thread-safe file systems of the 32-bit kernel.