Release of OSXFUSE 2.5.6
Posted on 01 May 2013
Download OSXFUSE 2.5.6
- Addressed an issue, that could in rare cases lead to a file system deadlock and cause a kernel panic when using mount-time option
nosyncwrites. The issue could be triggered by flushing the kernel's file cache.
- Fixed a bug, that could trigger a kernel panic when creating a new file on a distributed file system failed. Only FUSE file system implementing the
FUSE_CREATE call were affected by this issue. Tracked as issue #84: "kernel panic related to fuse_ipc.h"
- Plugged a memory leak, that occurred when looking up a file or directory fails because it does not exist. The issue is fixed by properly releasing the otherwise leaked ticket in
- Plugged a memory leak, that occurred when setting an extended attribute failed because of its size. The leak was caused by not releasing the ticket in case
- Fixed a race condition, that could in rare cases trigger a "Data access" kernel panic when writing to a file.